FPG one-to-one coaching case study
Sustaining consistent performance excellence
This Director in the Financial Services sector chose to work with a coach, having identified a need to supercharge his group and having recognised that it was important for him to be seen as operating more consistently: his performance had been erratic, he needed to increase his awareness of the image he was creating and sustain high levels of excellence both on a regional and a global basis, whilst at the same time providing clearer leadership and communication within his team.
FPG delivered an executive coaching programme that consisted of ten one-to-one sessions over six months, combining face-to-face with telephone sessions and email support. The sessions focused on revisiting the individual’s talents, strengths, needs and values and clarifying his personal and professional contribution. Coaching worked to strengthen his personal foundations, improve his health, well-being, integrity, authenticity and work/life balance as well as goal setting, boundaries, time management, and accountability. He also worked on strategic planning and enhancing personal effectiveness, identifying limiting beliefs and behaviours and establishing new effective ways of operating. Interpersonal, coaching and influencing skills were further developed.
Vast improvements in the individual’s personal effectiveness were noticed by colleagues within weeks of him starting coaching. These changes included:
- More focused and able to identify core and non-core activities
- More structured routines, communication and reporting systems, telephone calls and emails responded to
- Ability to see professional life from a broader perspective
- Increased control of life and career, ability to operate at a higher professional level
- Greater sense of satisfaction and achievement, recognised himself as a leader and started to behave consistently like one